ATLAS.ti offers a number of tools that you can use to explore your textual data:
- Word clouds and word lists for documents, quotations, and codes. See Creating Word Lists and Clouds.
- the Search & Code Tools. These tools offer a combination of text search and auto coding:
- Text search: search for a words, word fragments including synonyms. AND and OR combination are also possible. See Text Search.
- Expert search: the expert search allows for advances searches using regular expressions (RegEx). With RegEx you can use pattern matching to search for particular strings of characters rather than constructing multiple, literal search queries. See Expert Search.
- Named Entity Recognition (NER): seeks to locate and classify named entities in text into pre-defined categories such as persons, organizations, locations, or miscellaneous. You can review all hits and code them with the suggested categories. See Named Entity Recognition.
- Sentiment Analysis: is the interpretation and classification of positive, negative and neutral statements within text data using text analysis techniques. Sentiment analysis models detect polarity within a text (e.g. a positive or negative opinion),within the whole document, paragraph, sentence, or clause. It has multiple applications. For instance it can be used for customer satisfaction analysis or for all forms of evaluations, e.g. also student evaluation of courses. See Sentiment Analysis.